Our mission is to lead people and organizations to accept responsibility for themselves, their communities, their region and their future.
Topics we focus on:
- Increasing the quality of life in local communities
- Improving vulnerable groups’ situation
- Informal education of children, youths and adults
- Increasing employability of people
- Building a strong and active civil society
- Cross-border cooperation, especially with Ukraine
We implement our goals through:
- Grant programmes – financial support aimed at community development, education and helping vulnerable groups;
- Informal education programmes – pilot projects that introduce innovations and experience from other parts of the world;
- Civil society development in Eastern Slovakia – surveys, training, discussion and networking meetings for individuals as well as organisations in the region;
- Donorship and volunteering development and promotion – engagement of individuals and companies, linking donors with communities and volunteering facilitation;
- Cross-border and international cooperation for the benefit of the region – implementation of cross-border and development projects in the Carpathian region and in a wider European context;
- Own organisation development – building the foundation’s ability to address the needs of the region and ensuring own sustainability.